NEW PAYLOAD FLY ROD
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line offf the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
Big fish, big fly. While not always the case, this rule does ring true for many warmwater and saltwater fisheries with anglers casting larger flies than ever before. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new PAYLOAD series of rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and big flies more effectively. Whether launching a double-articulated streamer to the far bank with the 689-4 or dredging the Sacramento Delta with the 989-4, anglers will notice how easy it is to hurl a heavy line and big fly with the PAYLOAD.
Featuring a fast action for casting large flies and very powerful tip to help pick up heavy lines off the water, the PAYLOAD is tuned for the extreme. These powerful mid sections then transition to a more forgiving butt that allows for a slower and more relaxed casting stroke that reduces fatigue. This softer butt section also allows for more leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter lengths offer a more effortless cast through a shorter lever and is better for landing fish out of a boat over a traditional 90 rod.
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Fuji SIC stripper guides
- Premium ECO-Coated SNAKE Brand snake guides
- Premium Lemke Double-locking reel seat to withstand rugged enviroments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Sage logo powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion